Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Revisit

So I will be revisiting my impressions of week 9 slog. Overall, I mostly agree with what I wrote for my week 9 slog. However, I do disagree with my thoughts that linked list was hard and that the cheat sheet was useful.

Firstly, I will be talking about why I disagree about how I thought linked list was hard. It was a fairly simple concept first of all. All you have to know was that there is a front and a back and that the front was a chain of nodes all linked together. To find a specific node all you have to do is write node.nxt and keep checking over each node. I don't know why I had so much trouble with it in the first place. Maybe it was because of how it was taught in class. There was an unnecessary number of diagrams that didn't help at all and in my opinion were counter productive. Also, the TA strike started on the week of the linked list tutorial and because I'm really lazy I waited until the last day to do the tutorial, so that may have made linked lists feel harder than they really are.

Lastly, I'll be talking about how the cheat sheet was mostly useless. While doing the test I didn't refer to my cheat sheet. I only looked at it to check over my test and I didn't make any changes at all, I only confirmed that my answers were right.

My friend Kevin also came to the same conclusion also, he didn't really use the cheat sheet for any of the questions. Although, he didn't really call it a complete waste because the cheat sheet forced him to go over everything all over again and fill up the sheet.

My other friend Timothy disagreed with me on the linked list part. He found it hard because it was harder to visualize than trees. He said that it also contained two objects which also made it a lot more confusing. He also started doing the lab much later than me, so that could have contributed to his experience as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment