Monday, 16 March 2015

Impressions of week 9: Test Week!

This week in the lecture, we went over what was going to be covered on the test and a bit of review. First we were told that the test covers week 5-8, which has lass coverage than last year. We were told we were supposed to know the tree definitions, so I went back to the old slides and reviewed the definitions. Also, we were supposed to know the types of traversals. There are three types, which are in-order, pre-order, and post-order. The class was also told we had to know how to write recursive functions on class Tree, so I went over that also. For binary trees were also had to know how to write recursive functions for it too, I also went over that. The last thing the class had to know was linked lists. There was small problem though. I didn't fully understand the concepts for it and it seemed to be pretty hard.

To over come the lack of understanding of linked lists I asked others and checked other slogs, my friend Tim wrote in his slog hat he didn't fully understand it either, but he said that redoing the lab and rereading it can be really helpful. I took his advice and went read over the lab again and re did the questions that I had the most trouble with. In the end it helped a lot and I felt a lot more confident for the upcoming test.

After doing the test, a lot of weight felt like it came off of my shoulders. The test turned out to be a lost easier than I thought it would be and it put me in a good mood! Some of the questions that I expected to be on the test was on it, so I felt well prepared. However, the question about the max and min height of the binary tree kind of threw me off, although I am fairly confident that I got it right, which is a good sign! I was also pretty happy about being able to bring a cheat sheet to the test. It allowed me to confirm that one of my answers were correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment