Saturday, 18 October 2014

Test week!

This week I had my first midterm test. I felt pretty prepared for it and I think I did fairly well. I reviewed all the PDFs from the lectures and did all the tutorial questions again. I also did a couple tests from that were from last years winter session website. After Prof. Heap posted a practice test, I did it and I did fairly well, so I felt pretty confident for the real test! In the lecture, I learned the non boolean function floor. The symbolic definition of floor is: ⌊x⌋∈∧⌊x⌋≤x∧∀z∈, z≤x⇒z≤⌊x⌋. Also, when working on a proof with a definition such as ∀x∈ℝ, x≤⌊x⌋+1, it helps to fully understand the definition. When figuring out how to prove it, manipulating expressions into forms that are close to what is in the detention also helps. When working on proofs before writing the body doing rough works is highly recommended because you would know whether or not the statement is true and it would help with the structure. Limit proofs were also introduced in the lectures this week. I find them a bit confusing, but I get them to an extent. Usually in a limit proof you would have to leave delta till you learned more about it. Additionally, to prove it you would have to used a backwards search to find delta.

No comments:

Post a Comment